Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's you

I'm holding on to you.
I'm holding on to truth.
And the only thing I got going for me,
Is you.
I've found hope,
At the bottom of the bottle.
And I've finally found the light,
In the pinkness of my scars.
Still through it all,
The only thing I needed,
Was you.
Cause you watched me fall,
You offered me a hand.
Helped me to my feet,
So that I could start again.
Wiped the tear from my eye,
And you taught me not to throw away,
The garbage that was me.
So I layed my head down on your chest,
As it moved up and down,
Listening to the sound of your heart,
Building me a home.
Cause what I had,
And all that I needed,
Was you.
And you're still here,
In the end,
Where the chapter begins to close,
And I realized that the best part about me,
The thing I look forward to the most,
Is you.

No comments: