Tuesday, December 16, 2008

December is for Cynics

Catch me please,
Offguard.
I'm begging for some profanity and bliss.
Or maybe just a little kiss.
A little motivation,
And a little less isolation.
I don't know much about your life,
Or your world,
And you don't know about my past.
But what's wrong with saying hello to a stranger.
Finding comfort in another's eyes.
A home away from home for the night.
No need for right or wrong.
Cause we both know we don't want it to last too long.
We both just want a little less complicated,
Nothing overrated,
Just a little togetherness.
And not another mess.
I don't want to make a scene,
And I don't want to lose my dignity.
I'm just looking for a little passion,
In the heat of the night,
Something that feels right.
Some weekend apologies and somebody to love,
For a night,
With no regrets,
Just taking a chance.
So catch me please,
Offguard.
I'm begging for some profanity and bliss,
Or maybe just a little kiss.

No comments: