Friday, November 14, 2008

If you can give it, I can take it. Cuz if this heart is gonna break, it's gonna take a lot to break it.

I hold on so nervously,
To one last drink.
While the smell of a burned out cigarette,
Still lingers in the air,
I light some incense and stare into the moonlight.
Submerging into the pool of thought,
I catch a high off of some old memory.
Nervous hands and anxious smiles,
Spirits left without the flesh,
A perfect display of affection,
That seems so far away,
Like miles and miles.
I shift position,
And take a breath,
But the memory hits.
Like a drug,
I get my fix.
As scenes pass by the retina of my eye,
A song plays in the background of my mind.
Like the ones we used to sing,
When the feeling of dancing around barefoot,
In the street was still so new.
We talked about life,
And the theories of our minds,
Back when we were oblivious,
To the logic found in reality.
We tip-toed around the edge of insanity.
Swallowing the last of the brew within my cup,
My thought process begins to lack.
And I find myself,
Consumed in the reality of the present tense.
And I swear to myself,
I'll never drink again.

No comments: