Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Teenage Vow in a Parking Lot

I watch you stare,
At them.
I watch you long,
For them.
To kiss them,
To hold them,
To love them.
And I step back,
Away from you and the scene,
And I sigh a little.
Hurt a little,
Maybe even cry a little,
On the inside.
And you turn around,
To look at me,
But not the same way,
As you looked at them.
You ask what's wrong,
And I say nothing,
While I turn my face,
And whisper everything.
I've wanted for so long to tell you,
But I cower in fear everytime.
See you don't how hard it is,
To watch you long for someone else.
To not be enough,
To be invisible to the one you love.
If you could only see,
That while you're staring,
At them.
Longing,
For them,
That really,
I'm staring,
At you,
Longing,
For you,
Wanting,
To kiss you,
To hold you,
To love you.

No comments: