Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Contemporary Issues in My Life

I love my life, really I do. Things are absolutely wonderful right now. Last night I came home to a gas leak in my house. We had to leave the windows open all night and the doors shut so that we could sleep. Then I awoke this morning to realize that we have no heat. Our propane was shut off because we couldn't pay the bill. We don't have the money to pay for heat. I thought that when I came home from work, things would be better. WRONG. Instead, tonight we have five blankets each on our beds so that we can stay warm and I guess there is supposed to be a bad snowstorm tonight. Great. My mom calls me while I'm working and asks me to bring home some medicine for her because she is sick, but guess what I don't have enough money for that. I have four dollar and fifty two cents to my name and I had to put four dollars worth of that into my car just so that I could get home. Tomorrow I will get paid, but all but thirty dollars of that will go towards bills. Also, tomorrow my mother has to go into the hospital for tests because her heart condition has gotten worse. On top of all of this, I can't talk to either of my closest friends. The one is way to involved with the guy that she likes that seems to be taking an interest in her even though in my opinion he is kind of a jerk and my best friend is in Florida and if that distance isn't far enough, he seems distant when we talk. He gets mad at me because I tell him that I worry about something that he is doing. He tells me that I'm telling him how to live his life. But that isn't the case at all. I'm just concerned. I don't know. Maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing. And people wonder why I used to be a cutter and why every day is so fucking hard for me. The best part is, nobody knows.

No comments: