Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Hours

This is silence.
This is me.
This is existence,
Labeled and un-free.
This is sheltered,
This is hope,
I’m bearing costs,
And learning to cope.
I’m losing sight of certain things,
Like confidence and reality,
Losing faith in colors and dreams,
Yet holding on to peace and equality.
I have my strength,
And I have my mind.
I’m stubborn and committed,
Yet unmistakably kind.
I have desires,
And I crave passion,
I fantasize,
And lack some when it comes to fashion.
I’ve been down,
Burdened and broken,
But the lessons I’ve learned,
Have become irreplaceable tokens.
I’m losing my faith in colors and dreams,
I still believe in the power of you and me.
We’re wild and untamed,
Uncontrollable yet shamed.
You are my air,
My rock,
My stone,
And lord help me,
If I ever lose my faith in you.

No comments: