Sunday, May 10, 2009

This is True

I let you go. I put you away. I stored you in a box in my memory. I knew I would remember the times we shared. But, I only planned on dragging you out on rainy days. You gave me up. You chose a new path. And it hurt me at first, but I moved on. I put a smile on, and pretended to be just fine. However, now you've come back to tell me that you miss me. That you miss hearing my voice. That you miss talking to me and txting me all day. I don't know how to react to that. Because I did such a good job at hiding my pain. I did such a good job at putting you in that box and letting you go. You chose her. I can't forget that. And even though it wasn't that long ago, the past is the past. You're not measuring up. But still, you're there and I'm confused.

No comments: