Wednesday, March 4, 2009

There's Only Us, There's Only This. Forget Regret or Life is Your's To Miss

Lately I've been dreaming,
That you will come around.
That the thickness in the air,
And the stillness of the night,
Will catch your troubled head,
And show you wrong from right.
Lately I've been losing myself,
Inside the colors on the wall.
Straining just to hear a sound,
Other than the beat of my own heart.
And the silence after a missed call.
Lately I've been wanting,
To show you that I care.
To be your bar of steel,
To share the secrets that you bare.
But at the end of the day,
You're still a million miles away.
And I'm the one begging you to reconsider,
You're own fate.
To choose me,
Instead of them.
To give in to what you want.
What you long for.
Because I'm just a girl,
Standing in front of a boy,
Asking him,
To love her.

No comments: