Saturday, July 4, 2009

Summer Stars

It’s a thrill I can’t shake.
Really, it’s the burn of your eyes as they stare into mine.
It’s getting caught up in the awkwardness of feeling fine,
Of never accepting when things go dire or realizing that you’re about to break.
It’s the ability to forget,
To never regret,
To never worry about life being way too short to change your world.
It’s the impact of it all.
And it’s the happiness that I feel,
When you smile.
When we’re together.
When we’re free to believe in the lies,
To believe in the secrets and whispers that radiate from each other’s faces.
And it’s true,
That secret, that furtive, that covert operation in which we both suppress,
Is what we hide.
But really it’s the adrenaline, the rush, the perpetuous blindness of it all,
The discretion, the shades of grey meaning that turn out so sweetly,
The hope filled lines that you deliver,
The afterglow of happiness that we walk away with,
That I love.
That I long for.
The craziness of it all,
The idea that destiny is being fulfilled,
That soul mates really do exist,
And the idea that I can be me without trying so hard,
To be what you want me to be.
Its emotions, turmoil, heartache, attention, affection, devotion,
And everything in between,
That draws us near
To fixing mistakes,
To learning and growing,
To carving x’s and o’s in our minds,
To the tunes of each other that softly play in our ears,
To being one with each other,
To wanting to be that thrill that you can’t shake,
To never giving up on the promises we make,
That I live for.

No comments: